Thank you to Pride In Madness for nominating me for the Seven Things About Me Award. Pride In Madness is a fab blog about the writer’s experience with her own mental health issues and also her wonderful work in the mental health community.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate other bloggers you think deserve the award, and post on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated.
I nominate the lovely:
Boo at Time Out in the Giggle House
Graham at The Bipolar Place
Don’t know if I can think of 7 interesting things to tell you! I could try 7 boring things? Oh no, wait I know-I’ll do a topical Olympic Special!! GENIUS!!
1. I’m excited that the Olympics is starting officially today- basically because I LOVE women’s arthritic ahem- I mean artistic- gymnastics so will be glued to my screen for a few days and imagine myself jumping around in a leotard with them! (Probably not a very pretty site.)
2. We did apply for tickets for the gymnastics and athletics but were unsuccessful. BOOOOOO!!!!!! Stupid sponsors and corporate big wigs who don’t give a flying fudge for women’s gymnastics will be going instead: even BIGGER BOOOOO!!!! They probably don’t even know who Beth Tweddle!!! I KNOW!!
3. I will also be watching the equestrianininismmm- love a good three-day event, and the 100m and 200m finals because it’s tradition (and also because they only last 10 seconds but will be talked about for ages in the media- very little effort for a lot of current affair awareness: I’m a genius!).
4. Mainly I hate sport though, but have mastered the art of looking interested when Chris is watching the footy and chiming in with a well-timed “Come on Rooney!” or “What you playing at Balotelli!”. Secretly I’ll be way more engrossed in posting to you lovely people and reading your blogs, but I still get points with the boyfriend.
5. If I could do any Olympic event (after years of training as a child prodigy of course) it would be artistic gymnastics where I would be champion of the floor and beam. Either that or Figure Skating in the Winter Olympics which I also love.
6. If I could make up an Olympic Event it would be sleeping- I’d definitely get gold and I could retain my title every four years until I was dead! No retiring due to injury either!
7. The funniest Olympic event is Curling- when they sweep furiously on the ice, it just tickles my funny bone!
Have a happy 2012 Olympics Everyone! So great that it’s only a few (well about 100) miles away- if only I had bloody tickets!!!!