With Christmas comes the inevitable present-buying for others. If you’re like me, you love to shop for presents. I love the challenge of trying to find a gift that will make someone smile and then the creativity you can bring to wrapping up and hosting family get-togethers. Maybe you get a bit hypomanic- I definitely do, especially with shopping and seeing family & friends.
I find it’s easy to become overwhelmed by Christmas, caught up in presents, decorations, merry-making, twinkly lights and games. It’s all wonderful, but I do tend to forget about keeping myself in a “good space”- remembering to ground and centre myself and keep a sense of inner peace.
This Christmas I think it would be a great thing to remember ourselves in all the chaos and give ourselves the present of:
Committing to our own Inner Peace & Bipolar Balance.
How we can best do this will be individual to each of us, but I can think of no better present than making sure we look after ourselves and find as much Bipolar Balance as we possibly can.
Think about what you really need in this moment.
Here are some ideas for maintaining Bipolar Balance during the holidays:
– gentle dance to peaceful music.
– sitting and stroking a pet.
– cooking a healthy meal (or lots of healthy meals!).
– booking a massage or spa day.
– walking in fresh air.
– tidying that messy drawer or cupboard.
– taking time out in a quiet room when at friends & families’ Christmas parties.
– staying away from the shops if we’re feeling energised and impulsive.
– hot bath with aromatherapy oils.
– recognise early on if we have over-committed and reduce our schedules. Nobody will mind and if they do, remember we need to put our health first!!
– light a candle and give thanks for all we’re grateful for.
My head is already buzzing with mind chatter, so I’ve been taking the Bach Flower Remedy White Chestnut which is excellent for quietening things down a bit! Impatiens is also good for reining in that hypomanic speediness, impatience and pressure to do, do, do!!
Click here for more information on Bach Flower Remedies.
Let’s commit to our Wellness and Peace of Mind this Christmas!