I’ve been working on some really deep issues in my journal today. It’s been difficult as I’ve been admitting some painful truths.
A few weeks ago I looked at personal power and how I have been “giving it away”.
Self-sabotage and quitting have been strong themes in my life thus far, as well as identifying myself as a “victim”, which is an attitude I am in the process of changing.
The beliefs I have instilled in my mind as a powerless victim are:
- I am unable to cope in life.
- I am too sensitive and thin-skinned.
- I can’t take care of myself, I need to be looked after.
- I am sick/emotionally unstable/have something wrong with me.
- I’m not good enough.
I learnt these beliefs whilst growing up. I was rewarded when I displayed behaviour that exhibited these beliefs. I was treated less favourably if I showed independent and powerful behaviour.
Throughout my adult life I have attracted situations which have reinforced these beliefs- often very painful and destructive experiences.
I am now going to work on changing my beliefs in order to drastically improve my quality of life!!
My new mind-programming will be based on the following:
- It is safe for me to be powerful and independent.
- I have many talents and abilities that I can successfully utilize in my life.
- I give myself permission to take care of and love myself.
- I am free to express the true essence of me.
- I am worthy of love, joy, fulfilment, success, health, fitness, abundance and wonderful life experiences!
My empowering reading has been:
Quick Life Update
- Brilliant day out at Center Parcs on Monday for a spa-day with friends. Also visited the brilliant swimming pool where we went on the insane new waterslide: Cyclone.
- Enjoyed the Oscar highlights immensely on Monday. Loved Jennifer Lawrence’s dress and Joaquin Phoenix falling asleep- genius!!
- Shame to see Hugh Jackman miss out on Best Actor. Don’t think Daniel Day Lewis really needed another Oscar- greedy!
- Had fun with my little niece last week, who is now 7 months old.
- Saw “Flight” at the cinema- another amazing Denzel Washington performance. Great film.
- Still not working, but am constantly thinking about what-on-earth I’m going to do to earn money. I’m currently ruling out a regular job at the moment, as it just never works out for me. Maybe that’s a mind programme I need to change.
- Found a massive, enclosed field where we can let our rescue dog off the lead. This is a miracle as we’ve never been able to let her run free before- she’s always run off. We’ve found a secret weapon in her squeaky ball and some chicken!!
- Favourite stuff on TV at the moment- The Following, Revenge, Got to Dance, Girls and looking forward to series three of Game of Thrones. Hoorah!!
Related post: Take Back Your Power