10 Lies Depression Tells You
1. You’re not good enough: at anything.
2. You’ve failed: at everything.
3. You’re a burden on your family/partner: they’d be better off without you.
4. You don’t deserve such a great partner.
5. You don’t deserve all the good things that have been given to you- they’ll be taken away from you.
6. God doesn’t care about you- he’s given up on you.
7. There’s nothing in your future to look forward to.
8. You’ll always fail.
9. You might as well give up.
10. It’s Your Fault You’re Depressed: you’ve done all the CBT, mindfulness, counselling, etc. You should be free from depression by now. It must be you- you’re bad.
They are lies! They are not truth! We can change our thoughts!